Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Checklist

Ay caramba, the day is approaching! I'm allowing myself to be fooled into thinking I have much more time in Chicago than I actually do. My family and I leave for Michigan on Saturday, and we're there for 2 weeks. When I come back on the 16th, I only have 5 days until I leave! But since I have that 2 weeks in Michigan, my mind is somehow not understanding that in reality, I have about 8 days left in Chicago. Jesus christ.....8 days.

There's a ton of stuff I still have to do before I leave. Maybe if I write everything down I'll remember....

Checklist to self:
-Change ComEd and Peoples Gas accounts to Bob's name.
-Cancel YMCA membership.
-Get free manicure from former student (she gave me a thank-you note with a gift card!)
-Visit Chicago Teacher, Inc. to buy lame teacher supplies.
-Practice Hungarian in car, in Michigan, in sleep, etc.
-Finish ripping CDs onto laptop.
-Test negative for AIDS.
-Get Skype.
-Buy "professional" clothes so I don't look like an American bum.
-Fake pack, so I don't freak out when I pack for real.

I know that 2 weeks in Michigan is gonna be reeeeaaaal good for me. I've been just a tad stressed out here. It'll be nice to have no excuse not to relax. But when I get back, DAMN, I'm gonna be in a panic!

Ok, time to cut down that list up there. See ya.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

you forgot the most important thing on the to do list...

- See Rancid

Eliza said...

Good call hindin, that....was....awesome!!!!!! trevor just didn't understand

Unknown said...

hey erija. what's up. at first in your blog i thought, by "fake pack," you meant to get like a decoy bag for muggers to steal. anyways, hope hungary is good (not well; good), and i wanted to tell you that i drove dick daley in a trolley for like 7 minutes. he told me thank you.